1. The following are not permitted in any part of the CAMP Facility:
a. Alcoholic Beverages.
b. Knives, Fireworks, Firearms, or other weapons (except as they relate to the Camp Curriculum).
c. Pets (except for trained service animals). PLEASE LEAVE DOGS AND CATS AT HOME.
d. Drugs (except for prescription drugs and other legal drugs provided by the User Group and necessary for members of such User Group. These drugs must be controlled and dispensed by identified, responsible members of the User Group). All other drugs of any nature are strictly prohibited on any portion of the CAMP Facility.
2. Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children is a smoke-free campus. Smoking (including “vaping”) is not allowed inside any Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children facility or anywhere on Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children property. Any User Group Member in violation of this smoke-free campus policy will be required to pay a $300.00 damage fee.
3. As pranks do not teach positive youth development ideals, Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children is a prank-free camp. Staff participating in or allowing pranks to occur may be asked to leave.
4. In order to provide security to our campers and staff, we must know who is in Camp at all times. Visitors are not permitted unless approved by the User Group Member designated by the User Group to have responsibility over the User Group (the “User Camp Director”) or the Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children Camp Director. All visitors must check-in at the main office upon arrival.
5. Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children is not responsible for loss or damage to personal property. As a result, Variety recommends individuals refrain from bringing valuable personal property onto Camp property.
6. Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children shall conduct fire and emergency drills on the first day of the Term.
7. Access to specialized program activity areas, including the Animals Area, Archery, Pool, and Challenge Course, are allowed only when accompanied by a properly trained Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children staff member.
8. Everyone must wear closed-toed shoes (i.e., tennis shoes) while out in the camp facility.
9. Vehicles are not permitted beyond designated areas. Vehicles must be parked in designated areas. A maximum limit of 10 mph must be observed on camp property.
10. Only authorized User Group Members as authorized by the User Camp Director or the Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children Camp Director may use the golf carts. All drivers must be at least 18 years old and understand the written rules of the road.
11. Meals are served according to the schedule established by each Camp. The kitchen will be closed after supper clean-up until breakfast the next day. No one is permitted in the kitchen at any time, unless otherwise permitted by the Variety Camp Director. No food, glasses, dishes, or utensils should be taken out of the dining hall facility. Food is not allowed in cabins as it attracts rodents and bugs. Special dietary needs should be arranged through the Variety’s Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children Camp Director.
12. The use of personal sports equipment such as “skate boards” and “roller blades” is permitted ONLY under the supervision of the User Camp Director and is the direct liability of the User Group.
13. All Camp Facilities must be left clean and free from debris at the end of the User Group’s Term or an additional janitorial fee of up to $100 per building may be assessed